PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blackpool Airshow
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2014, 22:07
exmanman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know how far you have to come, but don't underestimate the potential traffic queues. Whilst at Warton this week I was chatting to a local who said it can take a long time to get in and out again. When we visit Blackpool throughout the year we tend to head to North Shore to park in a pay and display as it seems a bit easier there. Like most councils Blackpool has double yellow-lined anything that doesn't move so on-street parking is virtually impossible. So the earlier the better and least stressful, or maybe consider the train if practical. Having said all that I hope you breeze in with no problems and have a lovely day.

Food...hmmm. I think you know what you will end up eating! There are nice places in Wrea Green next to Warton and no doubt up and down the coast, which I appreciate isn't much use to you given the timings.

Vantage point wise, I suppose Central Pier will be closed! Anywhere near the tower would be good as Blackpool's fantastic new promenade has lots of space. Last time we went we sat on the dunes at the end of Runway 28 which was great for watching the aircraft based there for the show, especially the Tornado which cleared us by about 40ft

Whatever, have a great day