PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joint statement from NC
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2014, 16:41
Max Reheat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curtain Rod,

You need to calm down.

I was going to vote for you, but it is now clear that you intend taking the membership down the same road that ND did 2001. You will remember the phrase 'Mutually Assured Destruction'.

So, I'm sorry, you've lost me!

Contract Compliance is exactly as described by asianeagle. Nothing more, nothing less.

If the time comes for IA then so beit, but you will have a much bigger struggle getting our disparate bunch to vote for it and an even bigger headache getting them to actually do it. We all need to understand that in HKG it is not illegal for an employer to terminate the contract of a striking employee. This is not the first world with first world employment laws.

For those asking, the company is scared of official and AOA sanctioned contract compliance, not so much because of unfilled flight deck seats but more because of the negative impact of it reaching the press and the downside to pax bookings and cancellations/swapping to other carriers. Yes, of course guys and girls not working on G days and showing general lack of goodwill will cause a headache, but that is all it is.

Contract compliance has nothing to do with training and Cdrs discretion etc, it is all about fulfilling your contract to the letter!