PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AMR 587 Airbus Crash (merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2003, 22:00
Cornish Jack

Received 162 Likes on 103 Posts
NSF
I referred to Habsheim because it was (as far as I can recall) the first of these 'investigative' TV programmes. Its 'conclusions', for want of a better word, appear to have influenced a number of contributors to this and other threads. I did not see the latest Horizon programme - from comments it would seem to have been as technically irrelevant as the Habsheim rubbish.
ALL aircraft manufacturers have problems with their products at times and Airbus are no better or worse than the others - their 'crime' would appear to be having the audacity to produce an innovative aeronautical design.
I have far more experience with the Lockheed and Boeing products than those from Toulouse but that limited experience has produced more plaudits than grumbles.
BTW, the A320 flew into the trees at Habsheim because the pilot was doing something for which he was not authorised, competent or briefed, with passengers on board, whose survival was down to the aircraft's ability to protect its occupants from the worst efforts of its operator.