PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 4
Thread: Jet2 4
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2014, 03:52
EK77WNCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wasn't suggesting regular flights from the outset, my suggestion was that perhaps after the market matured somewhat, a series of peak season flights, more than likely from MAN, could work, in a similar way as to what they do with their NYC flights currently. MAN-MLE-CMB could be operated to cater for both but I realise the struggle TOM etc. have had with the Maldives, although I think that was down to stupid high costs as other EU charter carriers seem to be able to make them work.

More likely to work, I believe could be if LS were able to offer safari packages a few times a year as I think they would have higher demand, with regards to India, I know NCL did used to have a peak season flight to Goa not all too long ago.

I am glad we appear to be having an informed and educated discussion about this though instead of the usual "don't listen to the silly kid." If Jet2 got the aircraft for the right price, operated them sustainably, and most importantly managed the costs and offered the holidays for the right price (much easier said than done), they could make it work... Especially if they jump straight in MON's spot when the A330's go, that gives them long haul and high capacity short haul potential from MAN at least.

May LS pick up SSH again? Maybe start NBE? or Cape Verde? All up and coming destinations.