PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2014, 21:10
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Beaker conundrum- retrospective.

Sarcs # 2176 "[If} it is fact then personally, I can handle that"
Hmm. While we wait (some more) perhaps the on going Beaker incubus to the ATSB is worth a few words. Just speculating here – but is it actually possible to just dump him? Creamy often says that in the rarefied atmosphere of government administration (where the real horsepower lives), it's judged that he is a 'fine fellah, doing a great job'. The IOS and the Senators may disagree, but dumping him is a decision we (regrettably) just can't make.

But clearly, he must be an embarrassment to his own qualified, competent troops and quite possibly 'the department'. So what's to be done? Well, perhaps, had it not been for the MH 370 tragedy, things may have panned out differently. I note 'they' didn't muck about sending in Beaker to 'deal', 'they' sent in the top pro from AMSA and– Houston, it had to be done right and with the Beaker credibility stinking to the high heavens, he was never an option. It was only after the 'hoop-la' that Beaker slowly and cautiously was brought into the picture, but after the public heavy lifting was done; which may indicate the hatching of a cunning murky Machiavellian plan.

Rather than the embarrassing, public flaying of a 'high ranking' member of the PS tribe, why not keep him on, let him 'manage' the administrative and financial end (nuts, bolts and paper-work) of the MH 370 search. That gets him out of 'the office' without loosing face, keeps him away from 'real' investigations and out of the CASA sphere of influence. This all gives the Forsyth recommendation a chance to flourish; and Bob's your fathers brother, job done with no skin off and Beaker has a nice back door to slither out of.

Good riddance I'd say.

Toot toot – well I'm bored waiting about ain't I and the devil makes work for idle hands, so they say..

Last edited by Kharon; 7th Aug 2014 at 21:17. Reason: De du, de dum, de diddly dum te dum...(Elevator symphony)..