PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BT blocking access to PPRUNE
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2014, 14:39
Old Photo.Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BT blocking access to PPRUNE

THIS IS A SERIOUS MOAN ABOUT BT, yet again.

For the last few days I could not access PPRUNE.and other aviation Websites
On trying to open a Forum on pprune up I got a message that Parental controls were set at medium.
It directed me to go to my BT settings to access parental controls.
However I can in effect only access and open "Parental Controls" if I am the account holder.
I did not set up my BT ID with an account as I did not want to be tied with "On-line" billing etc. so only set up basic e-mail etc.

Begs the question that as I could not access and change the parental settings, who did and why ?

BT technical help were a waste of time, they took remote access of my PC yesterday to try and see why I was getting blocked, my having done nothing myself to my PC to cause this problem.

He gave up!!!!
I came to the conclusion myself, that I would have to activate a full account.
So I was forced to activate a full on-line account today to get at the Parental controls,.
I was able to go to the minimum restriction level and then I was able to activate pprune.

To me this smacks of a sneaky way for BT to get customers off "Paper billing"

I then had to contact the BT Billing department to ensure that I could still recieve normal billing via the postal service which they did, no problem.

Yet again an example of BT causing frustrations following on from the take over from Yahoo mail.?????

I would welcome any feedback as to a suitable alternative provider .
With thanks for any help

Last edited by Old Photo.Fanatic; 7th Aug 2014 at 15:09. Reason: Added question as to who changed the setting and why.