PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Deciding between Pilatus PC-12 or Citation
Old 7th Aug 2014, 13:12
glendalegoon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
travb

I have flown out of San Carlos many times. I can understand the convenience of this airport to people who live or work near there.

Even though a plane is capable of operating out of San Carlos airport, one must ask should you operate of this airport?

Also, a company which hires out the plane and provides pilot services etc reminds me of a pseudo airline that was to start up using the pilatus.

All of which makes me very concerned. That company would PUSH using the pilatus as it is the only thing seemingly making sense for this airport AND their needs. Again, THEIR NEEDS.

I take it you are not to be the pilot TravB?

I have worked for pilot service out fits and didn't care for it.

I have flown twin turboprops in and of San Carlos and it is as marginal airport for all operations in this class of plane. Couple this with weather and minimal instrument approach options and inherent delays associated with the proximity to San Francisco.

For a fee, the former moffett nas is available and well suited to silicon valley flying. It would take some doing.

I tell you, flying over parts of california and then enoute to montanna I would take a twin engine plane (the jet) over a single engine turboprop.

It sounds like he (the owner to be) is frugal, but that is how you become wealthy enough to own a plane! ;0

so, unless you could consider hayward, it will be a logistical nightmare positioning etc.