PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G day callouts.
Thread: G day callouts.
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2014, 07:51
auto--pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, time to pump the brakes here a bit

1. I don't work G's, nor do I advocate it. I want my days off
-however-
We are not in union sanctioned Contract Compliance yet, I don't believe naming and shaming via Flight Numbers and Ranks on a public forum is appropriate or professional....I don't want to hear about how they are screwing over their fellow pilot body by taking OT away from someone on reserve, I understand the system. But we shouldn't cross the naming and shaming bridge until we get there, and do it in a more private setting....ie AOA forums

2. The master roster tells you fk all
I was recently called up on the first day of a small block of reserve, show up to the desk, skipper didn't shake my hand, say a word to me on the bus all the way up until I hopped into the seat with him, where he proceeded to berate me for being G day scum. Turns out when I got put on the flight he compared my master roster to my real time, saw I went from a nice block of G's to this long haul flight. You can imagine the embarrassment he felt when I explained how I had taken a reserve proffer so a good mate could make a wedding back home.

We are already fighting like school kids at a time where we need to be standing together

Fly safe