PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair jumpseating
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2014, 05:43
LNIDA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
172 driver

You are clearly so stressed out and fatigued that you didm't even bother to read my post before you fired both barrels!!

We are not talking about the day before duty here or min rest what ever that is? we are talking about people positioning immediately prior to duty.

We are not talking about people in uniform walking to the front of the checking desk line and boarding first.

What we are talking about is people who don't have a ticket of any sort and who are not on duty, putting on a uniform and walking through a crew channel using (actually abusing the terms of the their ID) to pretend to be part of an operating crew to beg a lift home, again i understand the why, but that doesn't make it right or lawful, put simply if you are not on duty (flying/positioning at the behest of your employer) or in possession of a valid boarding card then you should not be airside period, it is a restricted area.

By dodging the rules you are letting your employer/service company off the hook, eventually this will go full circle and further restriction will be placed on all of us.

Adequate rest is the responsibility of the individual but by putting your self at risk you in turn put both your fellow pilot and crew/passengers at risk, so if your home life preclude proper rest, then i respectfully suggest you change either your home life or job...before someone changes it for you.