PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2014, 15:39
bhx bod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
China flights.

As far as scheduled services go I think both BHX and MAN should be concerned.Until a new agreement can be reached no more schedules can be added to any airport.However like Nigel I hope an expanded charter program from BHX does happen.
One thing that I found interesting was with LHR flights going 2X daily using A330s.Thus moving the 4 flights from LGW and adding 3 more.However correct me if I'm wrong but the current LHR flights are B77W.I don't know what both aircraft types are configured to but any extra seats on the route is not actually that many.Someone is bound to know how many seats are currently on offer from both airports and what will be on offer when the new schedule kicks in.It would be interesting to know what the difference will be.
As far as BHX is concerned I know many of the retail units saw a big increase in sales,due to the Chinese being big spenders on luxury goods etc.
With the new complex at the NEC due to open next year which includes couture retail units to rival Bicester,or at least give them a run for their money this is another reason why any flight to China is a good idea from BHX.