PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tom Tom not allowing proper postcodes
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2014, 10:13
mixture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
- it would appear that Royal Mail's own Postcode finder website has not read this.
Please don't play the stupid card, it doesn't suit you....

You know very well (I am sure !), that you are talking about the POSTCODE FINDER .... i.e. its sole purpose in life is to make life easier for you finding a Postcode. I know the guy and the company behind that postcode finder that royal mail have licensed for use on their site.... its an addressing assistance tool, it has absolutley nada, niet, zero, zilch to do with Royal Mail internal mail processing systems. What this guy and his company have come up with is an easier and more natural way to allow people to search the Royal Mail PAF database in order to help them correctly address their mail.

If you care to look at what your beloved postcode finder actually OUTPUTS, you will find it includes spaces.

I ( and I assume OldLurker too) were talking about the actual requirements for addressing your mail, i.e. how you write on the envelope that you put in the postbox. That part of the deal absolutely REQUIRES spaces in postcode as I have outlined above.