PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Once upon a time there was Air Nauru.
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2014, 08:07
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FWIW.

Mach E: Dodo, as I admitted, I don't know exactly why the ex CP spent the night in the lockup, though from his character I surmise that he probably deserved it
Mach, they pop up out of nowhere; metaphor is a mystery almost a sacrilege, pedantic, soulless beings who thrive on minutiae. Imagination, comprehension and intuition sacrificed in a world of well ordered cupboards and ironed underdaks. They exist. – Those of us with humility, humanity, wit, a sense of humour, and of the ridiculous; the ability to take the Mickey and to withstand the same, understand. It is bad manners to question a skippers story, especially in the pub, no matter how many times it has been told. It's actually bad manners to get too close to 'da troof'.

This thread and the one linked (Biff 's life story) are a delight to read. Pilots, true pilots love nothing better than a cold beer and a good yarn shared amongst mates. Don't have to be factual, not even accurate – when yarns and laughs are then thing; it's just part of the post flight 'balancing act'; so essential to professional pilots who have just completed a tour.

Bollocks to the pedantic details – spin the yarn, but tell it well; it's the smiles we enjoy, not the dry, dusty pedantic crap clerks and the like thrive on. Yarn away boys.

And I somehow rather fancy that I’d like to change with Clancy,
Like to take a turn at droving where the seasons come and go,
While he faced the round eternal of the cash-book and the journal —
But I doubt he’d suit the office, Clancy, of ‘The Overflow’.
Patterson would have understood; probably bought a round and be glad of the company. Amateurs and salesmen?; got no time.

Toot toot.

Last edited by Kharon; 6th Aug 2014 at 08:58.