PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Logging cross-country time
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2003, 08:53
SASless

Received 573 Likes on 235 Posts
Str8....except for having had some experience with the brain dead bureaucrats that inhabit some of the places we Gentlemen and Ladies of the Air have to deal with....I would dispute you. However, I know you are too correct. One small minded moron (is that redundant?) near a London pub one time suggested all my US Army flying time was not acceptable for qualifying for an ATPL (or a Commerical License as a fact) due to it not being in a proper logbook and duly blessed by every lucky person that I had ever known in the flying world. The US Army used computer records and thus were merely afixed within a folder . After a very remarkable Ugly American Act (I swear I was acting!) and the arrival of several senior Crats.....with a very subdued and submissive explanation for the Wobbly.....much muttering...and several trips by various Crats to the nether reaches of the building....they finally agreed to "just this once" accept the records. "Humble" performed convincingly and at the right time....with an appreciative audience works miracles!

I would love to see the discussion though....I swear someone would take the position....since no turning points...no landings...and only the one aerodrome being used.....nah...even the Birks at the CAA are not that boneheaded. (are they?)