PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2014, 22:49
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The good, the bad and the damn right ugly!

Jinglie:
White flag! The re-appointment of BEAKER says it all.
Is it fact or fiction?? {Request: 004, Jinglie & co please send me a link for the presso for this disgusting rumour}.

If it is fact then personally I can handle that....cause it sets the guidelines for the next IOS strategic attack... And I would suggest that the miniscule and his support crew will have a bigger conundrum than trying to keep a lid on his obvious long term/short term memory loss problem...

For example do you think Senator X is also going to have an attack of the forgetteries...:
Government soft on Pel-Air findings
20th March 2014

The Commonwealth Government has let down the travelling public by failing to fully implement the findings of a highly critical Senate inquiry into aviation safety, Independent Senator for South Australia, Nick Xenophon, said today.

The Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport Committee’s report into aviation accident investigations (the Pel-Air Report) found serious failures on the part of the Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) and the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) regarding the investigation of the ditching of Pel-Air VH-NGA off Norfolk Island in 2009.

“There are very serious matters raised in this report, including how effectively aviation operators are regulated,” Nick said. “CASA and the ATSB seem more interested in protecting themselves than protecting the Australian public.”

Senator Xenophon said the Government had failed to look at the bigger picture in the report, which shows serious systemic failures in both the ATSB and CASA.

“For the most part, the Government seems to accept that the current processes and systems are enough to make sure the ATSB and CASA are working properly,” Nick said. “But the evidence in this report clearly shows that’s not happening.”

“The Government shouldn’t take assurances from the ATSB or CASA at face value.”

Senator Xenophon said he hoped the Aviation Safety Regulation Review, established by Transport Minister Warren Truss, would back up the findings of the committee. The ATSB’s investigative processes, including its report into the Pel-Air ditching, are also being reviewed by the Canadian Transport Safety Board (TSB). However, Senator Xenophon fears the TSB review could be a whitewash because of its limited terms of reference.

“I hope the committee’s report has opened the door for serious change,” Nick said. “I believe the independent review will vindicate its findings, and I hope the Government will have the courage to act on them.”
Moving on, I equally agree with the "K" summation ...

"...If the report was a 'glowing' testament, brimming with good cheer and better news, it would be released; Beaker crowing and sneering at the Senate. Clearly this is not the case; and IF the minuscule is sitting on the report he is not only denying the public access to critical safety information, but (IMO) further increasing that risk and defrauding the public at the same time. It may be legal, but it's a dishonourable act..."

...it should also be remembered that Beaker said this in regards to the release of the TSBC peer review report:
Senator FAWCETT: Will that final report be going to you or the secretary or to the minister?

Mr Dolan : It will be published as a TSB report in the normal report investigation processes of the TSB. So, it will be made available on the website. They will forward a copy to me, because it was done at the request of the ATSB, but the main method of publication is on the TSB website.

I can kind of understand the delay with the TSBC report allowing a certain amount of reshuffling of the deck (& deckchairs, ailing miniscule etc) before final release... However, in this particular case, allowing an indefinite period of time for this bureaucratic due process to happen (in the vain hope that the heat on the issue will somehow dissipate - Crat rule 101) is not an option as there is a 3rd independent party who also have their credibility to uphold...

LL:
The big concern would be that a peer review by an overseas agency, that is critical of the national equivalent, cannot be fobbed off as mere sour grapes. International humiliation is a lot harder to cover up than domestic criticism.
Well said Lefty..

Therefore miniscule (or rather his minions), warts and all...
Release the F<->king report, before it gets Willy leaked.
MTF...