PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low Level Omani Jags
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2003, 07:26
Fox3snapshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Trying to find Neil Mc Gibbon

I have in my posession an old copy of a movie from 1980 titled "Sand Sea and Sky" produced by Neil Mc Gibbon. Its a top production of the Jag days and life at Thummers in the 1980's and includes video of some of the stills that are in this post. I am currently restoring it to digital and DVD and trying to track the gentleman down who was responsible for the initial production. If anyone can help please PM or email I would really appreciate it as I would like to get hold of more original material to produce the best quality.

A Kiwi mate was an Air Traffiker here on loan service in those "barnstorming" days and prior to my pilgrimage to this part of the world he showed me his photo collection of what I can only describe as the most sensational beat ups I had ever seen....thats saying something after having dealt with that Kiwi A4 mob! Included were the shots coming back from the range and the Jags 180 out on the road (in the correct lane I might add!). There were shots from their Land Rover taken in the mirror with the Jag about to overtake.....the Jag modified with indicators to comply with local road traffic laws I would hope???!

The Brit loan service scheme has produced an outstanding and talented bunch of local Omani operators in all aspects from flying to ground ops, full credit to you.

Last edited by Fox3snapshot; 11th May 2003 at 07:40.