PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Student REVIEW / American Aviation Academy / El cajon / San diego / CAlifornia / USA
Old 5th Aug 2014, 11:26
helelizwil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would like to echo what most of the other replies have said about AAA. It is an excellent school, with great instructors who work hard to get you through your course.

I went to AAA in October last year to do my EASA PPL. I had six weeks to do it and completed it in five, thanks in large part to my instructor who went above and beyond to make sure I got the training I needed to pass. While I was over there I met plenty of others who had had the same great experience, going out to CA and coming back four/five/six weeks later with their licence.

Everyone I dealt with at the school was not only professional but also friendly, and hugely encouraging. I will be going back to build hours some time next year, I hope.

If you are considering AAA I would highly recommend it. As many have said, learning to fly and passing your licence(s) is as much down to you as it is down to your school, but if you go with the right attitude (i.e. wanting to pass your exams, and willing to put in the hours) then you will have a great time there.