PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 4
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2014, 08:01
Deano1973

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EnChroma colour-vision sunglasses

Hi folks, trainee PPL with an interest in going commercial here. I suffer from mild colour-blindness ( red-green ) like so many posting here, but I've recently discovered these colour-vision correcting sunglasses. I haven't been able to find out whether they're acceptable to achieve Class 1 Medical standards, and will be chatting to my instructor at Blackbushe on Thursday about it, but I can only assume that as I wear glasses for flying anyway there should be very little that EASA / CAA can do to prevent people like us with colour-deficient vision from achieving commercial licenses / careers now.

I'm posting the link to their website below. I rarely post here on PPRUNE so if this is against the rules then they can be found by Googling "EnChroma". I just felt that this scientific breakthrough was worth posting about ( I think the specs have been available for about a year in the USA ).

Any opinions on this, or has a thread already been created regarding them? There seems very little information on the Internet at this time, and yet they represent a complete solution to our colour vision issues?

Last edited by Bad medicine; 6th Aug 2014 at 09:45. Reason: Removed commercial link