PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question for CAT I operation.
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2014, 23:20
slam525i

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

@sky-738

Look, I told you on the thread about AC Packs to not pretend to be an airline pilot type rated on the 737 if you're not. I also said that people won't mind if you're asking questions, as long as you're not pretending.

The regs in Canada are quite clear about when you can initiate an approach, and when you cannot initiate but can continue an approach, and when the reported visibility (and what type) or pilot's visibility applies. It can all be found in the CAP. I can only assume it's just as clear in the FAR or their equivalent documentation. If you're US licensed as you said you are, those sources of information can be easily found.

I don't believe you're 737 type rated. I don't even believe you're licensed. I believe you're flying a computer. But, THAT'S OKAY. I flew computers for years, and still do on occasion, while also flying real airplanes. But it's NOT OKAY to pretend to be an airline pilot. (I'm not an airline pilot.) You're contributing to the general opinion and distaste for people who fly flight sims at home.

I would recommend you either sit out of reach of the keyboard when reading this forum, or stick to flight sim forums (there are plenty available), if you cannot adhere to the simple rule of not playing pretend.