PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Astraeus cadets - out of the closet!
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2002, 21:33
featherman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok here we go….. .. .Matt, 34, 1400hrs, frozen ATPL FI/IRI/Night, MCC, FAA CPL ME/IR. I initially trained and flew in the USA building time on twins (PA34’s) and singles before studying in the UK. I leave Stapleford Flight Centre where I have been employed as a flying instructor for the last year to join Astraeus.. .. .If anything has helped along the way it is without doubt working as a Flying Instructor. Anyone out there thinking of the same, my advice is go for it! At SFC I was surrounded by the boundless enthusiasm and drive that is crucial in getting you through the real tough moments. I decided to become an instructor after a year and a half of job hunting.. .. .With regard to the selection process I guess I just tried to be myself and keep it simple. My approach to the application form and interview questions was to kind of put myself in their shoes and think, “What would I be looking for.” I kept the answers positive and tried to show a bit of understanding of the airlines vision. . .. .The sim. assessment couldn’t have been more fun even if it was a bit nerve racking! I’d be happy to offer any advice on how I prepared, needles to say a good scan goes a long way!. .. .Like the others I’d be glad to answer any questions along the way and share experiences.