PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAA's new recruitment agenda!!!
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2003, 03:01
AfricanSkies
THUNDERTAILED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The race issue doesn't offend me, it just makes no sense to me. Its affirmative action which offends me.

You are right, it is a political thing, which is wrong. The point of a revolution is SA was to get rid of race in politics. Now the racial advantage/disadvantage has just been reversed. The politics are warped. Politics such as these make SAA recruit more cadets of one race than of another, deliberately (and unconstitutionally) and then when they couldn't take these cadets on, these same politics forced other companies to take these cadets on in place of other, currently disadvantaged, (ie. white), pilots who had worked their way up the hard way, on their own. These same warped politics keep airforce cadets on course despite the fact that they have been measured and found wanting.

Possibly you could point out where in this whole 'racially-equal' 'democracy' we live in affirmative action has a place, and by when, perhaps, will everybody be deemed 'equal enough' for artificial support on a racial basis to be terminated?