PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ukraine Crisis 2014
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2014, 13:22
Ronald Reagan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Mel, all these things are linked, the desire of the west to be in control no matter what the cost. One only has to look at the disaster that modern Libya has become or Iraq to clearly see we should not have got involved in either. With Syria the least bad option or dare I say good option would be Assad to take back control of the whole country and for the civil war to end. Syria is better off under Assad, Libya was better off under Gaddafi and Iraq under Saddam.
The western governments have got so much blood on their hands, enough is enough! Someone has to draw a line in the sand and say no more! Putin seems to be that person. Even my Russian friends who disliked Putin think he is doing the right thing with halting western expansionism into Ukraine. They are outraged by western actions. This is a country that is not in our sphere of influence, we have no business getting involved. But as usual our dear leaders have to be ruining yet another nation. If we had not got involved in Ukraine, if Yanukovych had been able to stop the coup against him and remain until the next election then none of this bloodshed would have taken place. Likely there would be no separatists at all and Crimea would be part of Ukraine still. But actions have consequences and the western backed/instigated coup has led to all of this. I would strongly suggest that continued aggression against Russia by the west may end up turning Russia into the enemy many seem to want them to be. They should be very careful what they wish for, many have underestimated Russia and lived to regret it.