PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - supreme aviation interview for cpl holders..
Old 4th Aug 2014, 11:12
thegrapevine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is what i got when i googled about them.. now you can see for yourself..

FAA probes Addison flying school after license questions arise | wfaa.com Dallas - Fort Worth

Flying takes training, but what if the instructor teaching you wasn't licensed to do so?
One North Texas man has filed a complaint with the FAA against Supreme Aviation in Addison for that very reason. Now, there's a full blown investigation.
For AJ Williams, flying has always been a dream. So, he went for it, choosing to get his license with Supreme Aviation in Addison. But, an hour before his final exam, he learned one of his teacher's, Amit Agarwal, didn't have an instructor's license.

"It was shocking," he said. "It was definitely shocking."

The FAA says Supreme Aviation is under investigation. As the probe is under way, they are only allowed to rent planes out.
Agarwal surrendered his ability to fly tours around Dallas, which Supreme Aviation heavily advertised.
"He was giving those aerial tours without a commercial license," Williams said.

Agarwal agreed to talk with News 8 because he said he believes he has done nothing wrong, citing a policy called Part 61.

"Under that regulation, anyone can do training anywhere in the country," he said. "So, we are flying; we are flying every day; we are training every day."

The FAA is building its case against the group following several complaints that Supreme Aviation doesn't comply with federal requirements.
Agarwal admitted he doesn't have a license to teach in the United States, but claimed he does have such licenses from Australia, Asia and other "different countries."

"I'm not teaching here," he said.

But, his name and signature were on log sheets, which he later admitted. He said he had taught Williams on "a few flights."

"I don't understand how they are continuing to be able to fly the planes and provide training even after all of this," Williams said.

For Williams, he's out $100 in flight time and worries Agarwal could be putting people in danger.

"Not only, 'Here I'll take your money to give you training I'm not suppose to give you, but I'll also sign you off to fly cross country,'" he said.

That is something only an instructor can approve.

Williams switched flight schools and made up the hours spent with Agarwal. However, he said he still wants to see Supreme Aviation grounded.