PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2014, 09:16
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qantas previously reported a $252 million loss for the six months to December and 5000 job losses.
IG Markets strategist Evan Lucas said the consensus was that Qantas would report a loss of about $500 million, with the fleet writedowns possibly taking the total up to $1 billion.
“It is going to take a really big hit on depreciation of its ageing fleet, but Jetstar and Qantas domestic are also having to compete very hard on price, which is creating issues.”
Interesting link Spey, and probably why the little bloke has been very quiet of late.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, if you collect what has been said since 2011 until now, I think AJ catches himself out on his strategy as each year passed by.. if you have the time, now is a good time to review what was said before he reveals all at the end of the month.. As many have said on this thread, now with more that 1.5 million hits, time and time again the management have blamed everything and everyone else but never themselves. I think all the good people that are left in the Qantas group since AJ and Co set off on their crusade have done a wonderful job "keeping the show on the road," under these extremely trying circumstances created by the management, kudos to all of you, it's still a great airline!

The last week or so I read through all of this thread again, I was reminded of all the great contributions from some great people who demonstrated their love for Qantas just by taking the time to post, it also reminded me of the powerful John Singleton interview back in 2012, (also includes the EK tie up Inside Business interview with AJ where he really hams it up) I think Singo was right on the money back then..

Sums up the thread I think...