PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus "TERRAIN…TERRAIN" & "TOO LOW, TERRAIN"
Old 4th Aug 2014, 07:23
framer

Received 482 Likes on 130 Posts
In that sense the actual procedure you would apply is broadly the same as Boeing - i.e. pitch up to stick shaker onset if required, and fly VSW.
In the 737-800 my outfit doesn't pitch up to stick shaker, we pitch up to 20 degrees, the only time we would go to stick shaker is if terrain contact was imminent.
I think it is a good idea to decide now, in the comfort of your lounge ( or hotel room) , to carry out the escape procedure if you get the warning and are in IMC or at night. The reason I say this is that these warnings are disregarded for long periods of time, sometimes until terrain contact, because the pilots have lost SA.
You shouldn't make a judgement call about whether or not to carry out the escape procedure simply because the time you need it, your judgement is faulty. If your SA is fine and you get the warning and carry out the procedure, no worries, good practice and you are justified by the warning.
My two cents.