PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Once upon a time there was Air Nauru.
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2014, 07:16
Exaviator

Location: Kerikeri, New Zealand or Noosa Queensland. Depending on the time of year!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One overnight spent in Nauru comes to mind.

In the wee hours of the morning and needing a nature call I groped in the dark for the light switch. Now I should point out that I was not sleeping in the room that had been allocated to me in the men’s quarters, but one in the “VirginsCastle” belonging to a young lady who had earlier wined, dined and entertained me in fine fashion.

Prior to sleep I had noticed a pull cord hanging down over the bed and assuming it activated the overhead light, I eventually located it in the dark and gave it a healthy pull.

The still of the night was immediately broken by the extremely loud wailing of a siren. Unfortunately it turned out that I had activated not the light, but the “Intruder Alarm”, which was quickly followed by a urgent knocking on the door by a member of the security patrol.

I spent the next few minutes concealed in the bathroom whilst my generous companion of the evening explained, how she had accidentally activated the alarm herself…