PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Astraeus cadets - out of the closet!
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2002, 15:46
pjdj777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Astraeus cadets - out of the closet!

Well, we've all agreed it's time to stick our heads above the parapet - following on from our meeting at Astraeus yesterday, we're due to start type conversion either next week or the week after.. .. .We're going to be in here regularly and we thought we'd start a thread to answer any questions you may have about the selection from our side of things. Some of us will also be at the Pprune Wannabe seminars to answer your questions or just have a beer.. .. .To get the usual stuff out of the way - I'm Paul, 34 years of age, 320 hours CAA CPL/IR and MCC, flown with Cardiff Aero, Cardiff Wales, Britannia in Florida, Aeros in Glos and OATS Modular at Glos. I got the IR in December 2000 and since then have been concentrating on "quality" flying - multi/IR stuff, less hours but good practice.. .. .I have had other interviews, failed one sim ride and was going through the CTC/ATP scheme when I applied to Astraeus. . .. .I kept the answers on the application form short and punchy, and I have to say the interviews and sim ride were a lot of fun. Thanks to Danny, Hamrah, 10W, £6, IFR and the others who arranged the selection. I must say the people I met were great, not just the four others that got through, but everyone who was there for the selection.. .. .We aren't going to be able to answer any questions you may have on feedback, and we aren't here to gloat, part of the deal is that we give something back to the Pprune fund and to the wannabes here, so we're going to start the ball rolling. I'll be feeding back how the training is going from time to time and feel free to email me if you need to know anything specific, or just join in here, we hope to generate a discussion in this forum.. .. .Okay that's it from me, the other four will be here in time too, I'm gonna nurse my hangover for a bit, phew I'm one lucky bloke!!