PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA, good luck controlling this!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2014, 22:27
ranmar850

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've stayed out of this so far, no actual skin in the game, as it were. But I have certainly considered buying one of these, as I enjoy making videos with a Gopro. It certainly adds a new dimension when you can do an aerial scan from a few hundred feet of a remote beach you are sharing with just a few other souls, or perhaps, when you are brave enough with the controls, getting an aerial perspective of that fighting sailfish , or the migrating whales passing by. To categorize all potential users as bogans and/or engaged in illegal activity is somewhat offensive , in fact. I am a PPL, and can certainly understand the arguments about sharing airspace, ie you just DON'T--but there is a legitimate recreational use for these, in appropriate places, with appropriate controls in place. I generally enjoy your posts, well written and insightful, but you crossed a line there, or were you just having a bad day and needed to vent?
We don't all live in the cities, and some of us have the space to operate these with no impact on others, and their often twisted view of their "rights" .