PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff LARS/ATC Visit - 31st May 2003
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2003, 22:54
flower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could those who are flying into Cardiff on the 31st let me know soonest their aircraft details , registration and ETA either by PM or E-mail me.As well as your personal details.

Those not flying in as well could you please PM or E-mail me with your full names and addresses and contact phone numbers for purposes of security.

Cardiff is not PPR but is Class D airspace , we have specified VFR routes into Cardiff and I would suggest you take a good look at them before setting off, They may seem complicated but infact they are very simple. Route to a specific VRP and enter the zone not above 1500ft QNH, thereafter you will be directed by Cardiff Tower. The TWR controller will more than likely give you a left or right base join or downwind join. We do not have a deadside at Cardiff. Also make sure you are aware of the St Athan Local Flying Zone, this can still be active on the weekends with fast jet traffic . When asked by the TWR where you are parking advise that you are parking at the Club , this is to the south of the runway and find yourself a suitable parking spot. Landing fees can be paid at the Club.

I suggest even if you are not flying in that we all meet at the Cardiff Wales Flying Club, that is where we will be having Lunch and it is easy as well to walk from there to the Airport Fire Station which we will be visiting after Lunch.

I would like to start the tour at 1115 around ATC so could we all meet at the flying club for 1100, that will give us plenty of time to view ATC before lunch.

Any queries PM me or raise them here on the forums
regards Flower