PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2014, 23:38
Creampuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Progress so far.

Despite the findings and recommendations of the AAI Report and ASRR Panel and calls from a substantial segment of the aviation industry:

- Mr Dolan has been reappointed
- NGA's OBRs haven't been recovered
- The ATSB's report on the ditching remains the formal position of the ATSB on the accident
- Every CASA executive is in the same position
- CASA Board positions haven't been spilled
- Jeff Boyd has been appointed to one of the two new positions on the CASA Board
- The Regulatory Reform Program is about to take another turn in direction, justifying another decade of expensive paper shuffling.

Did I miss anything?

I realise some people are waiting, with bated breath (in PPRuNe-speak: baited breathe) for the announcement of the new CASA DAS, but even a lot of people in industry have finally worked out that the DAS will never be the Messiah but, instead, just another naughty boy or girl.

If there were six like Jeff Boyd on the Board, I might see the point of the Board. But there aren't, so I don't.

So once the next naughty boy or girl is appointed as DAS and the remaining new position on the Board is filled, it's effectively business as has been usual for the last couple of decades.

What's the IOS's Plan B?