PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilatus PC 24 - new GA aircraft
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2014, 18:45
MidnightPC12Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As someone who has been flying cargo in a PC-12 for the last 6 years I can attest that the PC-12 has changed the Air Freight industry. The demands of the industry have changed and Pilatus and the PC-24 are ahead of the curve.

Right now the US automotive industry is being supplemented by Mexican, and Canadian plants. Just in time manufacturing is here to stay and so manufactures routinely need parts rushed from Mexico to Detroit, from Canada to Mexico and all over the US. The ability to fly a 2,500 lb payload non stop from the US/Canadian Border to the US/Mexican border in a matter of a couple hours single pilot, will make a PC-24 an Ideal airplane for cargo.

Only thing preventing this airplane from becoming a mainstay in Cargo Aviation is the fact that Pilatus won't take any more orders untill 2020.

I my mind who wouldn't want a PC-24? It can do Medivac, Cargo ,Business, International, Unimproved Runways, Short Commuter, Possible Military use. Just try and name an money making sector in aviation who couldn't in some manner use a PC24?