PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leaving that well paid job to fly
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2002, 14:19
ImNot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's a very similar story for me to PiperIndian. . .The novelty has gone and the satisfaction of pursuing my dream has dissappeared with the 40 or so K .. .When I started out the market wasn't in such a dire state as it is now although it was in need of improvement. I was told the usual old storys by the trainning providers that things were forecast to pick up and of course being green fell for it with the rest.. .Very few people I know have got themselves that right hand seat which can only lead me to beleive that the pile of qualified pilots out of work must continue to grow by the month.. .Unfortunately as I mentioned earlier I may have to give up completely and due to my age albeit relatively still young and the state of the job market of the field I left I am becoming increasingly worried about finding work there.. .I don't wish to sound all bitter and twisted although perhaps I am just a little. That is why I directed people to the free first officers thread in the rumours and news forum before I posted further.. .I don't want to put of any wannabes off I just think that it may be prudent to wait it out for a while and take extra caution when planning for the future.. . . . <small>[ 23 March 2002, 10:22: Message edited by: Im Not ]</small>