PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Converting JAA PPL
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2014, 14:11
Level Attitude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You will need English Language level 6.
Nobody picked up on that, and I've been picked on for some reason!
You are correct, either a valid Level 4, valid Level 5 or Level 6 is acceptable - Don't take it personally.

The FRTOL (for which the ELP is required) is issued for 10 years.
An ELP is required for a Pilot's Licence, not an FRTOL - also why do people assume an FRTOL is valid for 10 Years?:

EG My old JAR Licence:
Pilot Licence, valid for 5 years
Section XII says I have an FRTOL (see FRTOL for details)
Section XIII says I have Language Proficiency English (no Level indicated)

FRTOL
Section IX says must be re-issued not later than "date". With the "date" being the same as the expiry of my Pilot's Licence - therefore only valid for 5 years.
No mention anywhere of any Language Proficiency.

I have scanned copies of every document I've sent to the CAA over the last 6 years. Pre-EASA revalidation by experience forms did not have an ELP section (and still do not, post-EASA).
Just curious which form you used for Revalidation by Experience prior to EASA? I have only ever seen used SRG1119 (I know it's title says Test/Prof Check, but Section 2 does include an application for 'by experience').

Now, under Part-FCL, you are correct SRG1119E does not contain a Section for LP. However SRG1157 is supposed to be completed at the same time (and the CAA will even accept SRG1157 on it's own as notification of Revalidation).

The document states the above is an extract from LASORS 2008. I don't see anything there which would have allowed a freelance examiner to assess ELP when signing revalidation by experience back in 2008
e) Other Acceptable Means