PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Converting JAA PPL
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2014, 11:29
Level Attitude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well if there was a space for English Proficiency to be assessed on the Revalidation by Experience form then I would have done, but as it's not on there how could a) the examiner tick the box and b) I be expected to check that he had ticked the non-existent box!
The old, pre-EASA, form SRG1119 was two pages. Page One had all the 'good stuff' about who you were, what Rating you were Revalidating/Renewing and the Examiner's confirmation (Signature).

The only (useful) thing on Page Two was a small section (Tick Box) for the Examiner to confirm whether they had assessed you as English Level 6.

Page Two not actually being required for Rating Renewal/Revalidation sometimes an Examiner would not complete it unless asked and often, even if they did, the candidate did not return that page to the CAA.

As JAR Licences needed to be re-issued every 5 years the CAA should have amended their computer system so that they noted the ELP Level on newly printed Licences. Omissions would then gradually have been picked up, and corrected, over time. Instead of now a lot of pilots not knowing if they have a valid ELP recorded with the CAA.

wb9999,
The OP did state they had a valid ELP, however it was a good idea for you to try and get them to confirm this (too many people do get caught out) - but could I suggest that the way you worded your suggestion was not helpful as, as whopity noted, it was factually incorrect.