PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Converting JAA PPL
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2014, 09:57
wb9999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why not, it only required a tick and a signature from the Examiner? Are you saying the Examiner did nothing each time and you didn't check what he had put on your revalidation form nor queery it?
Well if there was a space for English Proficiency to be assessed on the Revalidation by Experience form then I would have done, but as it's not on there how could a) the examiner tick the box and b) I be expected to check that he had ticked the non-existent box! Looking at the CAA's guidance on language proficiency, an examiner can only assess at RT exam or flight test - not revalidation by experience. So there could still be many pilots who have not been assessed by a flight examiner and with only level 4 grandfathered (now expired), but mistakenly believing they have a valid ELP.

I will change my previous statement to add two words: Level 4 without assessment is not sufficient. Happy now? The OP's original post indicates he/she is not an assessed level 4 or 5. So the discussion really is irrelevant.

Last edited by wb9999; 2nd Aug 2014 at 10:30.