PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Converting JAA PPL
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2014, 07:54
wb9999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Level 4 was granted as a grandfather right to existing FRTOL holders (not JAA licence holders) who had not formally received an ELP assessment. As RTF Examiners have been awarding Level 6 to all new qualifying candidates since 2005 and Examiners revalidating licences have been signing candidates off as Level 6 where appropriate since 2006 then there really should not be anyone left without a valid ELP
Just a reminder, you don't revalidate licences - you revalidate ratings

The OP could have obtained his JAR licence in 2004 (if it expires this year, obtained in 2004 and renewed in 2009). In this case the FRTOL would have also been obtained in 2004, valid for 10 years with grandfathered Level 4.

I revalidated three times since 2006, and each time I didn't get the ELP on the form. I had to go back to an examiner to get my ELP before I could convert to EASA.

There are many pilots, with the grandfathered English Proficiency, who incorrectly believed they had a valid ELP for life - hence the high profile CAA campaign in the last 18 months to remind pilots that they need to be assessed.

Without the OP stating what ELP level he has, and how he has it, we don't know and all this pedantry is just not worth it.