PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question for American EK pilots
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2014, 04:02
gl69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you look at the seniority list at EK you will notice that there hasn't been a lot of Americans join in the last year or so and plenty of Americans have left in the last 12 months with hopefully many more leaving. Recruitment and HR even admitted that problem in the recent wash ups.
So Fatbus your comment is way off base. If you did realize the difference between the two systems you would be trying to fly for a US major too.
If Junior Man thinks Emirates is so good he should know that EK is currently hiring. I doubt very much we will see his name on the applicants list or he leaving his cushy position at a US major.
In a previous post I mentioned that some US pilots won't be leaving for various problems they have but I forgot the list that I know of 3 EK pilots that have DUIs and for that reason alone won't be hired by any US major. Makes people think that these pilots can't get hired at a US major but can get hired at Emirates. Umm!
Also no good airline has a Training Bond. If you are a good airline you know no pilot will leave the airline.