PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATO poorly prepared....
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2014, 09:42
barnstormer1968

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this report correct though?

I've watched for a long whole that our troop numbers (fighting troops) have shrunk, our navy numbers have shrunk, we have no useable carriers so can't deploy a sea fleet, have scrapped our MPA fleet so our subs have all been monitored and are now a bit exposed and easily targeted, our bases in Germany have closed, our armour fleets have been left to rot, our uniforms have become optimised for desert conditions, our supply chains have become focused on static based control and need large infrastructure and specific locations to supply, our stocks of supplies are not able to get to theatre rapidly (trucks in the UK or afghan can't deliver in mainland Europe), we have very few mud moving aircraft and don't seem able to sustain a large scale deployment of them.

With all the above in mind that has been VERY obviously done and with much concern from just about everyone in uniform for at least a decade are we really sure that we are un prepared..............on the other hand, if anyone wants to pay me lots of cash to come up with reports that state the bleeding obvious I'm up for it