PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Sacking Tarmac Engineers
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2014, 04:45
Oh Me Oh My

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have not posted for a long time as I was content for a while to ride the wave, some of my posts were about joining the exec to see what's the fuss is all about. I missed that boat twice not because I was lax but because I was scared, scared to put my hand up and yes I listened to my wife "its dangerous to get involved" she said.
Then when they announced the mass redundancies in Syd and I was headed for the door, we both cried, however the union stepped in and saved me and many others with the leave burn program two of my own work colleagues bitched about using two weeks leave. Now another year has gone by and I am targeted again this time not with loss of job but transfer to base and they head to the door accordingly their attitude has changed.
I know I am not alone and I know others have it worse but I want to say without this current exec (well some have just been elected in so the old ones) I think we would have been drowned in a bucket years ago. I am young but I am a 20 year man and I remember the old exec (some who still prosper as company puppets) they would have helped management by saving themselves.
This lot don't always do everything right, they do things ugly sometimes and yes they make mistakes but they never stop fighting, BC's doing a great job for us and I'll support them in what path they follow.

8 hour 12 hour 10 hour I don't care what I work but I do care that my mates have a job yes even the pricks who whinged and if that means 8 hour so be it after all we are here for the long haul, management are not !