PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2014, 01:08
Creampuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’m actually on your side, Ziggy. My point is that my saying that on this forum does not help address the substantive issues.

No Hoper. My guess is that the fundamental systemic failures of CASA and PelAir, that were exposed by the pilot being the last line of defence, were very embarrassing to CASA and PelAir. My guess is that the most expedient way to deal with that inconvenient problem was to muddy-up and down-play the fundamental systemic failures in CASA and PelAir, and shift the focus of blame to the pilot. Burn a practically defenceless individual to save exposure and embarrassment of the powerful and politically-connected: Politics 101.

The question whether aerial ambulance operations should be authorised by a charter AOC and therefore covered by the compulsory carrier’s liability insurance scheme has been bumping around in CASA for decades. Another fundamental failure of the regulatory reform program, but it only burns a few practically defenceless individuals so the government and CASA couldn’t care less.