PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch Airlines
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2003, 09:50
Kempus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey,

My girl has just started for Monarch and she isn't intitled to any days in lieu or holidays for at least her first six months. Only thing can do is try and request her days off. The travel industry is 365 days a year and that is taken into account with your salary and days off so generally the answer is no!

Long haul wise, she works from a short haul base, but i have spoke to some of her mates at LGW and well their always away to the Maldives for 7 days then back then 5-7ish days off then away again, but not always back long haul.

The company i work for you do long haul about twice a month if lucky but dont quote me, i'm too at a short haul base so this is just what i've heard. Would make no sense tho to have crew only flying twice a month, not only would they become rusty at the job but why should for example you get to go to the Maldives all the time working 2 days a month and i'm doing five flights a week to PMI!!!

Again dont quote me on any of that cos no doubt i will get shot down in flames as things vary from company to company!

Anyhow, its late, i'm waiting for my girlfriend to come home, due back at 5ish i think but even tho she doesn't do long haul she loves it!

Enjoy and good luck with the rest of your course,

Stu