PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mass resignation of British Airways pilots from BALPA?
Old 31st Jul 2014, 20:49
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
BALPA maybe losing membership at an alarming rate
That's a good rumour..as others have said there have been a few threats made elsewhere but not many.

and BA have seen this weakness and are using it to push through changes without being challenged.
If that was true Bidline would have already gone....

With a great division amongst BA flight crew at the moment tensions are running high with the whole BA/BMI hostility which continues..
I've seen a few disagreements but no evidence of a "great division", and I'm really not sure what you mean by "the whole BA/BMI hostility.."

without any resolution maybe that's how the company want this to fester throughout the summer. As for bidline well I can see the company offering changes on a take it or leave it basis
We're already being asked by BALPA and BA to consider two future scheduling options, neither of them are the DB's, IMHO, but there's no sign of "take it or leave it"....

as the short haul review is near it's completion.
Ah, I wondered how that was going - that seems to have gone very quiet, possibly because the rumour has it some nettles might be a bit too painful to grasp. You seem to have your ear to the ground - any news of any non-pilot work groups being told to sort their scheduling agreements out.....are the company in the mood to tell others to "take it or leave it"??

Last edited by wiggy; 1st Aug 2014 at 09:14.