PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 6
Thread: Aer Lingus - 6
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2014, 12:23
EI-A330-300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CEO:
I would agree with the above that the departure of the CEO is a little unexpected......however he has been in place 5 years and has fulfilled most of his goals. From the start he was due to last 4-5 years. So its doesn't look to me that he is being pushed, more like "thanks for all the hard work, bye now" Personally I would have preferred to see him extend his contract. But that's life.
Since he got the CEO of An Post it was bound to happen.

New routes:
The Chief Commercial Officer previously stated "East coast or Florida" are being looked at for expansion. So its a toss up between FLL or MIA. I think FLL would allow them to connect to the Gulf cruise traffic and JetBlue's services from FLL.
MIA seems less likely to me as it doesn't lead anywhere. I don't think a codeshare with AA would be probable. While EI is not in an alliance this move could annoy current codeshare partners.

I find the mention of Dallas intriguing. Might be more viable than the already crowded East Coast market.
Dallas is AA's hub but Houston is UA second largest (bigger than EWR 385) with over 560 daily flights just behind ORD.

In general more Int carries operate from Houston than Dallas hence it being the largest gateway to Texas. Closer to home AF/TK don't serve Dallas, KLM are seasonal while all year round from Houston.

If you look at the 2015 schedules from MAY, YYZ is 4 weekly 752 and not daily. I agree the route is doing well however I can't see a daily 330 but perhaps 3 weekly peak summer months is possible.

All will be known by end of September!

Last edited by EI-A330-300; 31st Jul 2014 at 12:33.