PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 6
Thread: Aer Lingus - 6
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2014, 10:46
DollarBill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CEO:
I would agree with the above that the departure of the CEO is a little unexpected......however he has been in place 5 years and has fulfilled most of his goals. From the start he was due to last 4-5 years. So its doesn't look to me that he is being pushed, more like "thanks for all the hard work, bye now" Personally I would have preferred to see him extend his contract. But that's life.

IT article:
I think the problem now for EI is whether the replacement is a belt tightener or an exec with vision who can build on the solid financial position that Mueller has established. Looking at the article about the Chief of Marketing being pushed doesn't ode well in my opinion. I feel that the EI marketing/brand image has been on the money over the last few years.

New routes:
The Chief Commercial Officer previously stated "East coast or Florida" are being looked at for expansion. So its a toss up between FLL or MIA. I think FLL would allow them to connect to the Gulf cruise traffic and JetBlue's services from FLL.
MIA seems less likely to me as it doesn't lead anywhere. I don't think a codeshare with AA would be probable. While EI is not in an alliance this move could annoy current codeshare partners.

I find the mention of Dallas intriguing. Might be more viable than the already crowded East Coast market.

Fleet:
In terms of expansion next year...I would agree that 2 extra A330's seem likely. I have heard whispers already of 1 already sourced. Daily SFO requires another A/C, this A/C could also operate 2-3 rotations to YYZ if required. New routes would then need a 2nd A330 in order to maintain current routes.