PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Time to Command 777 EK
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2014, 10:25
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Never been an apologist for this Company, never will. However, I do get tired of constant be moaning when people are very often aware of what they're getting into then bitch and moan when the 'promised' 3 -4 year upgrade doesn't materialize.

Working 92 hours every month for four years? Some months I've done 85 hours with really good trips and 15 days off. Other months it's been over 100 because sim training and classroom has no credit. That pisses me off. What also pisses me off are guys complaining about fatigue but doing f%+k all about it. The number of ASR's and Fatigue reports do not reflect what people say on line. Guys still bid for 3 man BOS, JFK and Toronto. Why? Bid to avoid and write to the Company. It's illegal what they're doing. We all come on here venting frustration but few have the balls to write a constructive email to fleet. Next time someone complains about how tired they are, ask them when was the last time they filed a fatigue report? I bet 99% don't even know where the forms are!

As for Meydan, yes, I've been up there and glad that I live out and take the allowance. But once again, the option is there. Many bought their own place several years ago when prices were depressed and have now reaped the benefits. Likeitis has been here several years, he had that option too I'd imagine. Generalising that all accommodation is crap is simply daft.

However, I agree that what's on offer today is not the same overall package that was around 10-15 years ago. That's not unique to EK. It should though, still provide a reality check to those newcomers expecting otherwise, especially the extended time to command!

Stoic as always

Harry

Last edited by harry the cod; 31st Jul 2014 at 10:52. Reason: Content addition.