PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2014, 09:57
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monarch 2015

GF

That is the situation at the present and it is only the first release but unfortunately the schedule fits 8 based quite comfortably.

The routes not bookable are Hurghada after mid May, Split, Ibiza and Almeria.

I have might have been a bit hasty with the doom and gloom especially the incredibly reduced May and June schedule but April is amazing and well up on this year.

This year April required between 5 and 6 aircraft and at present April 15 requires 7-8 on Friday to Monday and 5-6 on Tuesday to Thursday.

Realistically the April schedule for the Friday - Monday period is going to require at least seven aircraft unless there are cuts.

I believe May & June 2015 is not finalised, I believe night flights will be added to high season and Ibiza should return.

Almeria is a bit of a shock as it was increased this summer to three flights to cater for Thomson but their timetable is showing a Thomson aircraft for 2015.

I think the initial shock is due to the change from previous years where the vast majority of the schedule at BHX was released in version 1 and you could see April was 5-6 aircraft, May 7-8 and late May to September 9 aircraft.

2015 seems different but as CC has said new broom etc

Pete