PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2014, 09:36
Lookleft

Received 195 Likes on 90 Posts
Way back in the dim dark past of this thread there was a lot frustration expressed by more than a few people that the co-pilots role in the Pel-Air ditching was a missing piece of the puzzle. Dom was wearing the criticism including from the CP who I think appeared on 4 corners.

Now Ziggy has lifted a small part of the lid with the statement:

Which was regular, along with asking if we were doing ok. I can not say the same of the CP.
while defending the Captain. As you said none of us were there so your observations of the crew before and after the event will go a long way in helping the rest of us understand the crew dynamics. Entirely your call whether you expand on your statement or not. However how crews work together in, and respond to, an emergency is something all pilots and crew can learn from.

I will be upfront and state that I have been critical of the Captains actions based on the information that has been in the public domain but I am more than willing to change my view if it comes to light that the support he was getting only added to the stress.

Then again you might want to say "bugger off'' thats okay too, 004 and Kharon are telling me that all the time!