PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Student REVIEW / American Aviation Academy / El cajon / San diego / CAlifornia / USA
Old 31st Jul 2014, 01:45
YellowOrange

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been at AAA just over 1 year now and have nearly completed my CPL-ME (starting from 0hrs) I new the student in this post (kumaranps) who is 'complaining' a whole bunch. I have to say this guy was doing anything but study hard and training well at this academy. Whenever i saw him he was always busy with some other business apart from flying or trying to buy and sell cars on craigslist, he was certainly not committed to passing his exams.

As for the remarks about the instructors. The CFI's here on the whole are very good. They may be young, but they have a whole lot of experience on getting you through the part 141 stage checks and ultimately your check ride. Like anything in life, you get out what you put in. If you do not study and have no commitment to achieving your licenses then yes it will take you forever (like ''kumaranps'')

All the aircraft are kept to good maintenance standards and if faulty, they are immediately fixed, tested and then put back online for flights. All the staff here excluding CFI's are so helpful and whatever problem you have, even if it's not their concern will help you the best they can.

Honestly i would recommend AAA to any student wanting either their FAA licenses or EASA. The HONEST turn around time for the license is around 4-5 weeks for EASA PPL & from 0 hours to ME-CPL is around 8-9 months, these are actual times my friends have taken to complete the courses. Yet again these times can be shortened or lengthened depending on your commitment.