PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gliding stories
Thread: Gliding stories
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2014, 19:11
mary meagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
message to orionsbelt....

Grand day, grand flight, you did very very well to make such good use of conditions and companions in flight!

The one who went by you giving a wave was doing the proper acknowlegement that you have been seen and appreciated! I'm sure he thought you were really a glider pilot, though only flying a Robin; the powerful Robin is often in use as a glider tug, and the tug pilot needs to understand how to find lift in order to give best launches.

But why have you waited all these years to fly a real glider? doesn't need a lot of money, a half share in a decent 40 to one club class competition glider could cost as little as £6 or £7 G. Only takes 15 minutes to rig or derig, kept in its roadworthy trailer, could stay in your drive, or at low cost at the gliding club; think of the hangar charges you save!

And best of all, you have mates to share your gliding stories with. I am still flying at 81, several older than me are still tooling around the sky. We don't get bored, every day is a different challenge.