PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Feel the fear...and do it anyway?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2014, 15:20
PPLvirgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Amber,

This is a great place to get continued support and great advice mostly.

I didn't feel like I got on with my instructor 100% because I thought he used toi Flap at the most simplest of things but he was the man with all the hours so took it all onboard.
On my first trial lesson, i enjoyed it but absolutely Bricked it coming into land, small plain, ground coming up very fast... lol.

I was fortunate enough to pass in 48hrs. But i put this down to sheer hard work. I did my medical first, then all my ground exams so all i needed to do was concentrate and enjoy the practicalities of Flying.
Before each lesson and after I would spend time going through the correct procedures of my lesson to next come up, practice them on flight Sim(not all of course) and read a lot. I found all of this Prep helped me greatly.

I echo what the above had said, all wise words, 1 lesson is not enough keep going and work hard, you will be fine!
Try other instructors out, i thought my first one would be upset but he encouraged it also for you to get a pure view of where you are at.
I also didn't think I could to a PPL and especially the ground exams, but did it in about 12 months.
My biggest advice would be to do at least one lesson a week minimum, this is the biggest help!

Regards

Tris