PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2014, 11:15
flyhereflythere

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went for the interview on the 25th of July. The interview started out greetings with a firm handshake and they went off with questions statying out with usual questions like tell us more about yourself, when did you start to love aviation. The panel consists of a psychologist (I think) who never talks and two interviewers consisting of a captain and presumably one from HR. After that depending on the answers I gave, they asked more difficult questions like why do I think being an engineer helps in being a pilot, why did I only apply now and what have I done to advance this dream these sort of questions. I tried to advertise myself as someone with the tenacity to focus on the course and to make it a success. Overall I tried my best to answer honestly as I can being cautious not to sound too fairytale to avoid being shot down (no pun intended).

ALOT of cabin crew applied. And they kena alot of technical questions. Theory of flight and how does an engine work. My guess is that they are looking to shake our confidence and see how we react. Not unusual for an interview to go this way. I actually prepared for this interview with questions and answers which I wrote down. So I really hope I made it through and get the call eventually.

Question list:
Introduce yourself
Why did I wear an engineer's uniform to this interview
Why being an engineer helps me in being a pilot
Why did I only apply now
Why do I wanna become a pilot
You said u are going to buy a bto flat. Our course will only provide you with a measly pay. Are you financially up for this task?
Tell me the difference between a Multi Crew License and CPL.